skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Do our ethical positions = elitism?
No matter what we think about the status of racial categories or what we ought to do with them from here on out, what we are attempting to do is persuade other people to think the same way. I ask; what epistemic position are we in to decide that for everyone?
I, for one, am not prepared to tell anyone how they can identify themselves. The only thing I am willing to address is how I identify myself and how I categorize other individuals, neither of which make any sense in the public sphere. They are private matters. That is not to say that we cannot talk about them, it just means that they are not positions I intend to persuade other minds into adopting.
So what do you think? Are you a conservative, a reformist or an elimitivist? Do you think all of these positions are necessarily elitist?
No comments:
Post a Comment